RE: [xsl] What is the future of XSL-FO

Subject: RE: [xsl] What is the future of XSL-FO
From: David Tolpin <dvd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:57:33 +0400 (AMT)
> Cross vendor compatibility is an issue, especially with so few
> implementations
> and a complex spec, but it is being resolved.

Regarding the spec, times are changing. The XSL FO Recommendation
does not look relatively complex anymore; in fact, it is one of
relatively small and simple W3C Recommendations. These days.

And, as an implementor, I think that it is clean and consistent,
which is particularly amazing given the fact it was developed with
so many objectives in mind.

XSL FO is a success of XSL working group; XSL 1.1 process seems
to be promissing too; that is, they are going standardize features
already implemented, or add things which have clear and well-defined
use cases. If it will not be spoiled, it will be a good one.

David Tolpin
http://davidashen.net/