[xsl] Re: Re: RE: Re: Network diagram - node set intersection

Subject: [xsl] Re: Re: RE: Re: Network diagram - node set intersection
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:51:58 +0100
<cknell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:B0017674678@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> It's one of the bootstrapping conundrums that in order to ask a question
about a subject, you must first know something about it.

> Thanks for the URL. The basic graph theory tutorial is helpful, but I want
to keep my system as portable as I can (i.e., Windows or Linux), so I must
eschew C# and .NET.

I think you're wrong here, but it becomes quite OT to discuss this here --
if you contact me off-list I'd be glad to explain in details.

> I'm not one of those people who spell Microsoft with a "$" in place of the
"s", nor do I think of Bill Gates as if he were an evil mastermind villain
in a James Bond movie. I do see danger in software monoculture just as
monoculture is dangerous in agriculture.

C# is much more portable than you probably think -- it is implemented and
runs on Linux, Windows and Unix -- read more about this and the "Mono"
projects here:

    http://www.go-mono.com/faq.html#platforms

and here:

    http://www.go-mono.com/index.html

Also implemented in this open-source initiative are the CLR, ADO.Net and
ASP.Net

AFAIK one of my friends -- Oleg Tkachenko has even written some XSLT
implementation code for Mono.

Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev
FXSL developer,