Re: [xsl] Re: What is the future of XSL-FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] Re: What is the future of XSL-FO
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 18:32:42 -0500
At 2004-02-27 14:32 -0300, Célio Cidral Junior wrote:
They are very exciting tools, but they do not suit for me in the context I'm
working. I'm just waiting for some good open source library for .NET
platform to come out. The existing ones did not work in my tests.

Both RenderX and Antenna House .NET connections ... what is the barrier to commercial tools?

This makes me happy. Now I can get rid of commercial reporting tools and
use some open source implementation (if I find one).

Can you consider only getting rid of commercial proprietary reporting tools? By using a commercial XSL-FO tool you have the protection of non-proprietary technology investment and flexibility to move your intellectual property to other implementations.

Note there is more than one open source XSL-FO tools: FOP and xmlroff are two that come to mind right away.

Good luck in your project!

-- US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22 World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc