Re: [xsl] Schema-aware processors - W3C schemas only?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Schema-aware processors - W3C schemas only?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:31:08 GMT
> we will eventually have a RELAX-NG validator (using XML schema part 2
> datatypes, that's not a problem, I think).
OK, although it will still need something over and above normal relax
validation (which is normally defined as just returning a yes or no
answer rather than annotating which elements have which types)

> But if the first processor processes only W3C schemas, and the second
> processor processes only RNG schemas, then I can forsee a problem,

It would I think be near impossible to arrange that you could get the
same type annotations using relaxng and with xsd (in general)
I don't think that would be required as a conformance issue, it would
also be OK to fail on any attempt to load an xsd schema, even if you are
schema aware, the set of schemas you can load doesn't have to be the
whole web, it could be the empty set (as it might be in some embedded
systems)

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew