RE: [xsl] ignoring   when transforming xml to wml

Subject: RE: [xsl] ignoring   when transforming xml to wml
From: "Gill Shields" <gill__shields@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:54:57 +0000
You did understand the problem and thats it fixed now.

Thanks very much to Michael Kay and David Carlisle for you help,

Gill Shields.

From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [xsl] ignoring &nbsp; when transforming xml to wml
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:29:55 -0000

If the so-called XML contains &nbsp; entity references and doesn't contain a
definition of the nbsp entity, then it's not well-formed XML, in fact it's
not XML at all, and no XML parser is going to ignore this error. You need to
fix the code that generates the XML.

Or have I misunderstood the problem?

Michael Kay