RE: [xsl] reccursive sum ?

Subject: RE: [xsl] reccursive sum ?
From: "Ricaud Matthieu" <matthieu.ricaud@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 14:38:48 +0100
Thanks a lot David for the explanations. I took the habit to use too much
variables, and as I learnt xsl on my own, nobody told me about this (and
many other things for sure). So really thanks and if you notice others
"mistakes", don't hesitate ! It's just like  learning a speaking language,
if you always say the same mistakes and people don't correct you, then you
think it's the good way to say it...

About the problem of concat to get the xml file name : I must display the
name of the ME to the user, it shall not be a .xml. I could use
<xsl:value-of select = "substring-before(ME/@id,'.xml')"/> to just display
the name of the ME if i change id to XXXX.xml
The problem is that the whole project is already done with <ME id="0041">
without .xml.
It's right i could add .xml everywhere with a simple script... I'll think
about it when i find the time.
Do you think it will bring a lot ? will it go faster ?

There's one thing I don't really understood :

"But unfortunately using concat produces a string which stops document()
automatically taking the union of all the documents in the node set."

I don't see the link between concat id + ".xml" and the <xsl:value-of
select="document($theFileName)..."/>
$theFileName is not a node set, no ?