RE: [xsl] Identity Transformations

Subject: RE: [xsl] Identity Transformations
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:18:09 -0500
At 2004-03-03 08:46 -0700, Karl J. Stubsjoen wrote:
$c is a parameter which is passed to the stylesheet from my scripting
language (ASP).

Then it is not a source tree node set and cannot be pushed using <xsl:apply-templates/>

It looks something like this:

<campaign>
                .. a bunch more xhtml ..
</campaign>

Then it is of type result-tree fragment.

Other template rules:  there are other variables, and there is a source/root
(don't know how you refer to this) XML document for the stylesheet.

I'm not sure what you are saying.

So I guess my question becomes:  how do you perform an identity
transformation (similar to below) against an xml fragment that is a
variable/parameter of the stylesheet?

<xsl:copy-of select="$c"/>

I hope this helps.

-- US XSL training: Washington,DC March 15; San Francisco,CA March 22 World-wide on-site corporate, government & user group XML training G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0 +1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995) Male Breast Cancer Awareness http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc