RE: [xsl] positional grouping xslt2

Subject: RE: [xsl] positional grouping xslt2
From: David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:43:04 -0000
DC said,
    The xslt2 version would also have been better written as
    multiple templates, (eg so that lists that are children of
    first level section were picked up as well as lists that
    were children of second level.) I just didn't want to spend
    the time refactoring it.

    Your xslt1 version didn't actually group up your bullet
    points into a list element did it?

No, and its failing after processing the second level 2!
I'm less sure its viable in 1.0 now.

    Coincindentally I just commented in reply to Mike's answer
    that while many of the for-each-group forms are convenient
    they can be done in
    xslt1 once you know the tricks, but that one is harder (as
    you have to stop using the child axis and process things
    one at a time allong the following-sibling axis.)

Which is where I'm looking now, and unsure if it can be done in 1.0

regards DaveP

-
DISCLAIMER:

and any attachments from your system.