RE: [xsl] Trouble with namespaces and running identity transform on XHTML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Trouble with namespaces and running identity transform on XHTML
From: "James J. Ramsey" <jjramsey_6x9eq42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:43:21 -0800 (PST)
--- Michael Kay <mhk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As I said, I don't think there
> is a reliable solution that is guaranteed to work on
> every XSLT processor,
> and that's as true of XSLT 2.0 as it is of 1.0.

Doesn't that seriously compromise the usefulness of
the XSLT 2.0 spec having an XHTML output method in the
first place? It seems to me that there ought to be
some way to insure that if one writes an XSLT 2.0
stylesheet the right way, one will be able to get
serialized XHTML output that validates against the
XHTML DTD. There ought to be something better than
*assuming* that most processors will take the path of
least resistance.

Maybe that should be something for the
public-qt-comments@xxxxxx list?