Re: [xsl] Variables and Values

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variables and Values
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:14:30 +0000
Hi Julian,

In procedural programming languages, variables are usually used to hold intermediate results during processing of the data. I therefore expect you to want to output some results depending on the value of variables. Andreas wrote a solution that did not require you to use variable's in the XSL, for the first question, and this is the way you should think, using XML/XSL. Thinking about the change of variables means that you still think procedurally, not declaratively.

If you show what you want to achieve, not how you expect to achieve it, you will have a better chance of help (using a minimalistic example of wanted output given input).

Regards,
Ragulf Pickaxe :-)

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:15:25 +0100, Andreas L. Delmelle wrote:
> Hope this helps!

Reading back over this, I see what you are doing.  It helps a lot, but
then I hit a bit of a brick wall when it comes to variables and not
being able change their values.

--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker