Re: [xsl] Variables and Values

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variables and Values
From: Julian Voelcker <asp@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:00:09 GMT
Hi Wendell,

> That's cool.

Yes, to make it even more fun the interactive questionnaire will be
dynamically generated based on an XML template.  Because we are dealing with
wills and other legal documents we need to be able to update the program
quite regularly, but all we will need to do is replace the XML template for
the questions and the XSLT template for the actual will via an automatic
update across the web.

> Rather, I mean
> only to caution you not to judge XSLT based solely on its lack of features
> you expect to have,

Don't worry, I'm not.

I will have a lot to do with XSLT over the next couple of weeks so will be
digging deeper with each problem I hit.

Now that I have a better understanding of how the original software worked I
was foolish to even try to put the processing logic in the XSLT template,
when it is so tightly linked to the actual collection of the data.

--
Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
United Kingdom