RE: [xsl] xsl:if statement with numeric

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:if statement with numeric
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 12:19:05 +0200
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Tuan Luu [mailto:tuanluu@xxxxxx]
>
> somehow I  did find a solution:

Hi,

Well, to add a few pointers :

> > <xsl:template match="monat">
> >         <xsl:if test= "numeric(.) &lt; 100.00">

This should be number() instead of numeric(), but this you already
discovered..

> >             <xsl:variable name="farbe">#00ff00</xsl:variable>
> >         </xsl:if>

Then this here should become:

Notice the curly braces {} to force the processor to interpret '$farbe' as a
variable name, or more generally as an XPath expression.

Somehow, I would consider putting a color-map somewhere in the source XML,
the stylesheet or a separate XML, like:

<colormap>
  <color min="0" color="#ff9600" />
  <color min="98.70" color="#ff0000" />
  <color min="100" color="#00ff00" />
</colormap>

Then you could avoid all the xsl:choose / xsl:if logic by merely fetching
the color value corresponding to the number value in question, like

<xsl:template match="monat">
      align="right">

So, fetch the color attribute from the first color node whose min value is
greater than or equal to the current value.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andreas