RE: [xsl] How to specify document order location path for identical elements with different parents?

Subject: RE: [xsl] How to specify document order location path for identical elements with different parents?
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 22:14:09 +0200

<snip />

> How do I perform the following queries?
>
> 1)  What is the number of reports which are coded with either an "a" or
> "b" where the last "a" or "b" code of the report (in document order) is
> an "a"?

Hi,

To break it down:

1) reports coded with either an 'a' or 'b':

<xsl:variable name="var-one"
              select="report[codelist/code[
                @type='a' or @type='b']]" />

2) ... where the last 'a' or 'b' code in doc order is 'a'

<xsl:variable name="var-two"
              select="$var-one[codelist/code/@type[last()]='a']" />

all-in-one?

<xsl:variable name="vcount" select="count(/*/report[codelist/code[
                              @type='a' or @type='b']/@type[last()]='a'])"
/>

yup, should do the trick.. untested though

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andreas