RE: [xsl] xslt 2.0, use case wanted.

Subject: RE: [xsl] xslt 2.0, use case wanted.
From: "Willink, Ed" <Ed.Willink@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 10:09:54 +0100
> I can't see any need to have any new syntax to specify such a starting
> node (The facility that it is set outside the stylesheet was
> already in
> XSLT1) IF you need this set in the stylesheet just go
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
>  <xsl:apply-templates select="/part/book/chapter/sect1[3]/sect2[4]"/>
>

> which has the same effect in a much more obvious way.

Surely the point of specifying a starting node would be to operate
on a sub-document so that in your example /part/book/index would
be invisible to the XSLT processing. Your 'equivalent' syntax requires
the whole document to exist in memory.

	Regards

		Ed Willink

E.D.Willink,                             Email: mailto:EdWillink@xxxxxxx
Thales Research and Technology (UK) Ltd, Tel:  +44 118 923 8278 (direct)
Worton Drive,                            or  +44 118 986 8601 (ext 8278)
Worton Grange Business Park,             Fax:  +44 118 923 8399
Reading,   RG2 0SB
ENGLAND          http://www.computing.surrey.ac.uk/personal/pg/E.Willink