Re: [xsl] How to put space between two characters?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to put space between two characters?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 16:27:29 +0100
Ken said:

  Just as I showed you ... but I note that you (or my mailer?) corrupted the
  middle line and removed the numeric character reference.

Although in this case the corrupted version would still work, as it
would define nbsp to be the character 160 rather than a reference to
that character.

However as shown in a parallel thread today it is not always safe to
define nbsp in the stylesheet: some xml parsers default to validating
mode when they sniff a DOCTYPE and so try to validate the stylesheet,
which is almost always not valid.

There really is no point in defining nbsp as it's just as easy to type
#160 and a whole lot simpler in terms of avoiding complications in the
processing pipeline.

David

--
http://www.dcarlisle.demon.co.uk/matthew