[xsl] Importing multiple XML files into one XML file

Subject: [xsl] Importing multiple XML files into one XML file
From: "Chisanga Mwelwa" <sangz2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 16:55:16 +0000
Hi All,

I am a novice at XML and hence need some of your expertise...

I want to use XML as a template for an application data source. Now the problem I have come across is the increasing size of the XML files and I was wondering whether there is an elegant way in which I can organise my files. For instance if I have a an XML file such as "employees.xml":

<?--employees.xml-->
<EMPLOYEES>

<OFFICE name="Town Hall">

 <EMPLOYEE>
  <NAME>Jo Blogs</NAME>
  <DOB>1-12-1980</DOB>
 </EMPLOYEE>

</OFFICE>

</EMPLOYEES>

Now say I would like to create another file "employee.xml" and use it to store the data currently in the <EMPLOYEE> tag instead of craming everything into the "employees.xml" file and then (I dont know how...) call this file from the main file: "employees.xml" file. Is there a way I could achieve this? This is probably too simple an example but I hope you get the "story".

Your time is appreciated!

Use MSN Messenger to send music and pics to your friends http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger