RE: [xsl] Getting the first and last nodes of a sorted nodeset

Subject: RE: [xsl] Getting the first and last nodes of a sorted nodeset
From: "Hansen, John" <John.Hansen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:22:50 -0700
The order that dates occur in the XML file is not sorted by date (and
they can be found at various levels of nesting in the real XML).  My
friend needs to call his named template with the earliest (i.e., first)
date in the XML and the latest (i.e., last) date in the XML in order to
have his named template work correctly (it outputs an html table with a
separate column for each date between the first and last dates
inclusive).  My apologies for not stating the problem more clearly in my
original post.  If you could show me a way to get the dates sorted and
then use nd[1][last] I would be most grateful.