RE: [xsl] Using output URI resolver within a servlet

Subject: RE: [xsl] Using output URI resolver within a servlet
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 13:54:33 +0100
I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about this problem. The browser
will submit one HTTP request for each frame. I would normally be inclined to
run one XSLT transformation in response to each request from the browser,
generating the contents of that frame. The alternative, of generating all
the frames during one transformation, and then presumably keeping the
generated document somewhere (memory? disk?) until the browser requests it,
seems intrinsically more difficult to manage. Apart from anything else, it's
hard to know when to delete the documents to free up resources.

Michael Kay