[xsl] Sorting in Ancient Greek

Subject: [xsl] Sorting in Ancient Greek
From: BODARD Gabriel <gabriel.bodard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:16:55 +0100 (BST)
Forwarded for Zaneta Au

----- Original Message -----
From: zaneta.au@xxxxxxxxx

Dear all,

We am trying to sort classical Greek values in precomposed unicode using
the xsl:sort. With the default value, accented characters are sorted
separately from non-accented characters. For example, accented alpha
lists after omega, whereas the behaviour we would like is for the
various different unaccented and accented alphas to be treated as
equivalent for sorting purposes.

We have noticed the @lang for sort, but are not sure what value to give
for it to sort in Greek. (Since implementation may be processor
specific, we are using Saxon.) We are aware of the unicode sorting
tables but are unsure of how to call them.

Any help received would be gratefully accepted.

Zaneta