Re: [xsl] Passing arrays as parameters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Passing arrays as parameters
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:42:09 +0100
> The reason why I wanted to pass in a array

You clearly can't pass in an array as XSLT does not have arrays.
It has node sets, strings, numbers, booleans.
So your param has to be one of those types.

So probably you want a node set in this case.

> I then want to be able to specify what I select from the XML document.

That's what Xpath is designed to do.

>        Foo1("bar1")
>	Foo3("bar1", "bar2")

I have to guess what you mean by that syntax.
So I'll repeat what I think you mean using XPath syntax,
but i guess you want to select the following node set

<xsl:copy-of select="/Data/Foo[@name='Foo1']/bar[@name='bar1'] |
                     /Data/Foo[@name='Foo3']/bar[@name='bar1' or @name='bar2']"/>

David

http://www.star.net.uk