Re: [xsl] Is it an error if can't resolve uri-reference?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Is it an error if can't resolve uri-reference?
From: Bob Foster <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 10:51:43 -0500
Michael Kay wrote:
Is it an error if, when processing an include or import element, a stylesheet processor can't resolve the href uri-reference?

Yes, it's an error.

The 1.0 spec doesn't say that it is. Or did I miss it?

The 1.0 spec doesn't try to list all the things that can go wrong.

Is there any document that does? How is an implementor supposed to decide whether to treat this as an error or ignore it?

I know this is all water under the bridge for you, but now you've got me wondering what other errors (not implied by syntax or described by other specs) aren't called out in the spec?

Bob Foster