[xsl] Building XML from XPATHS in XSLT 2.0

Subject: [xsl] Building XML from XPATHS in XSLT 2.0
From: <gary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 21:50:58 +0100
Hi Guys,

I have just started working on a problem which is quite interesting. I have
some xml that can contain any valid XPATH as an attribute string and I would
like to go through all the XPATHS listed and build some XML based on them.
i.e.

<frame>
 <block
XPATH="/ClinicalDocument/recordTarget/patientRole/patientPatient/name/family
"/>
 <block
XPATH="/ClinicalDocument/recordTarget/patientRole/patientPatient/name/given"
/>
 <block
XPATH="/ClinicalDocument/component/bodyChoice/StructuredBody/component/bodyC
hoice/StructuredBody/component/section/component/section/entry/entryChoice/O
bservation/value"/>
 <block
XPATH="/ClinicalDocument/component/bodyChoice/StructuredBody/component/bodyC
hoice/StructuredBody/component/section[@title=$section-name]/component/secti
on[@title=$subsection-name]/entry/entryChoice/Observation/participant/partic
ipatingEntity/associatedPerson/name"/>
 <block
XPATH="/ClinicalDocument/component/bodyChoice/StructuredBody/component/bodyC
hoice/StructuredBody/component/section/component/section/entry/entryChoice/O
bservation/value"/>
</frame>

If anyone has already done something similar to this and wants to share some
code it would be appreciated or if anyone is interstested in the solution
let me know and I will post the group back when I have found a solution to
the problem!

Many Thanks

Gary Cornelius