Re: [xsl] ancestor axis order

Subject: Re: [xsl] ancestor axis order
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 13:19:49 +0100
       <xsl:when test="ancestor::choice/ancestor::define">

    I hope this helps.

   Yes Ken. perfect.

As has been commented it depends if you are assuming things about your
input that you didn't state, but in general this doesn't fully answer
your request (and neither did the version I posted, they both made
(slightly different assumptions)

For example the above doesn't test that the nearest (choice or define)
ancestor is a choice, which is, I think what you asked.
It would be true on

define
  choice
    define
      ref

perhaps the most direct way of saying
   nearest (choice or define) ancestor is a choice

would be

 ancestor::*[self::define or self::choice][1][self::choice]

David

--
The LaTeX Companion
  http://www.awprofessional.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0201362996