RE: [xsl] XSLT Editor? Help Please (from a newbie)

Subject: RE: [xsl] XSLT Editor? Help Please (from a newbie)
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 17:49:07 +0100
I've heard of very few positive experiences with tools that try to write the
XSLT code for you, as distinct from tools that help you write it. They just
double your debugging problem: instead of "why does my XSLT code produce
this output" you now have to ask "why does my mapping tool produce XSLT that
produces this output"? If you don't understand the XSLT code then you're
never going to do anything complex, and if you're never going to do anything
complex then it's not worth buying the tool.

Michael Kay