Re: [xsl] problems caused by DOCTYPE

Subject: Re: [xsl] problems caused by DOCTYPE
From: Chris Loschen <closchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 15:01:46 -0400
At 02:52 PM 5/12/2004, you wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to transform an xml file to another.

I have the input file like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE project SYSTEM "mga.dtd">

Is the DTD in the working directory? How about any files referenced in the DTD (e.g., entity files, includes, etc.)? If not, your transformation would fail. You should be getting some error messages in that case, but perhaps they're getting logged somewhere that you haven't found yet.

That's the first place I'd check, anyway. Good luck!

<project>
        This is my project
</project>

And a stylesheet file like:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
version="1.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="no"
doctype-system="mga.dtd" indent="yes"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:copy-of select="."/>
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

My problem is (I use xalan1.7) that with the DOCTYPE line in the input file the transformation doesn't succeed, however no stylesheet compilation or other error is produced. If I remove it is works fine.

Thanks, Zolmol

Yours,

Chris Loschen
closchen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx