Re: [xsl] Concatenating multiple input documents into a single node-set

Subject: Re: [xsl] Concatenating multiple input documents into a single node-set
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:37:18 +0100
> Basically what I'm trying to do is "expand" a RELAX-NG schema so that all of
> the includes are merged in-place

I thought that might have been the case, If I were Jeni, I'd have known
that and answered that question not the one you asked, but as I'm not I
didn't. So I answered the question you did ask (which abstractly is a
more interesting question even if only vaguely related to your
problem:-)

> <xsl:template match="rng:include">
>    <xsl:copy>
>    <xsl:apply-templates select="document(@href)" />
>    </xsl:copy>
>  </xsl:template>

>  How would you suggest I avoid generating the enclosing <include> element?  Is
>  there a better way to do this?

the xsl:copy there is generatiing the rng:include and doing nothing
else, so if you don't want that welement don't copy it.

  <xsl:template match="rng:include">
    <xsl:apply-templates select="document(@href)" />
  </xsl:template>

Sometimes answers are simpler than you expect:-)

David

--
The LaTeX Companion
  http://www.awprofessional.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0201362996