Re: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] killing xslt
From: Colin Paul Adams <colin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 May 2004 09:41:41 +0100

    David> FanFREAKINtastic!  Do you have a sense for when the port
    David> will be completed and is there anything I can do to help?
    David> If nothing else would love to QA this for you as Im sure
    David> there are many here who would love to do the same :)

My estimate is about the end of the year. But as I am desperately
short of money, this may get put well back (provided I can find some
work - or better still, some sponsorship).

The current situation is the the XPath stuff is largely complete,
excepting the functions (I have barely scratched the surface on them,
but many of them are 15 minute jobs).

I'm only just starting on the XSLT code. (And I've no plans at all for
XQuery).

This is intended to be a Basic XSLT processor, but I am leaving the
way open for a possible future upgrade (i.e. I have copied the
item-type changes that Mike made after Saxon 7.8).

All help is welcome. If you want to start by helping with QA, then
building up a set of test case XPath strings is the immediate priority
(I have regression tests in case, but they only tend to cover one
instance of each type of XPath expression, thus leaving HUGE gaps for
unknown bugs to sneak through).

As a starting step, you will need to install the current version of
Gobo from CVS, plus an Eiffel compiler (there are 3 to choose from -
all of which have free (in some sense or other) downloadable versions.
You will want to download ESI's free version for .NET:
http://www.eiffel.com/downloads/

Actually, just running the test suite on the .NET platform is a help,
as I don't have windows myself.

Contact me by private email if you haven't regretted your offer to
help (and same for anyone else who wants to join in - .NET or whatever
- I use Linux myself).
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire