RE: [xsl] Encapsulating and displaying html fragments

Subject: RE: [xsl] Encapsulating and displaying html fragments
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 12:57:08 +0200

Hi,

> So what I ask, is which behaviour is actually correct, and how do I work
> around this issue?

<snip />

Is there any reason in particular why your input looks the way it does?

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="testcase.xsl"?>
> <test>
>   <fragment>&lt;p&gt;A &lt;acronym title="HyperText Markup
> Language"&gt;HTML&lt;/acronym&gt; fragment&lt;/p&gt;</fragment>
> </test>

The content of the fragment node is actually valid XML, so why not just make
it:

<fragment>
fragment</p>
</fragment>

to begin with. Then you won't need d-o-e after all, just use

<xsl:copy-of select="fragment/p" />

to copy it to the result tree...

HTH!

Greetz,