Re: [xsl] Simple XML -> XML transform problem, possibly namespace related

Subject: Re: [xsl] Simple XML -> XML transform problem, possibly namespace related
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 09:04:04 +0800
At 2004-05-15 19:03 -0500, Pieter Reint Siegers Kort wrote:
this one really has stumped me. I am trying to to do a simple XML to XML
transformation in which I'm only inserting two paths, but they do not
appear.

This is a FAQ.

Unfortunately, I absolutely cannot change the input XML since this
is a format for a so-called job file that the Helix Producer ActiveX control
expects.

And it is using a namespace for its vocabulary.

I have the following simple XSL:
        <xsl:template match="/job/inputs/input/filename" >

And you are not using namespace-qualified names in your match patterns.

The unchangable XML is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<job xmlns="http://ns.real.com/tools/job.2.0";

Which means the elements you are checking for start at:

{http://ns.real.com/tools/job.2.0}job

So you will have to ensure all of your names are qualified:

  xmlns:j="http://ns.real.com/tools/job.2.0";
  <xsl:template match="/j:job/j:inputs/j:input/j:filename" >

XPath 1.0 never uses the default namespace.

I hope this helps.

--
Public courses: Spring 2004 world tour of hands-on XSL instruction
Next: 3-day XSLT/XPath; 2-day XSL-FO - Birmingham, UK June 14,2004

Male Breast Cancer Awareness  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc