[xsl] copying empty svg nodes (no child nodes)

Subject: [xsl] copying empty svg nodes (no child nodes)
From: ah49@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 13:52:17 -0400
Hey guys this is my 1st post... Havent done XSL templating for a while now, got too rusty, so need some help...

I want to be able to copy this document... I have an XSL stylesheet that just sets the output to indent (i add Nodes unformatted to this in a program i wrote and would like to format it). But my XSL skills have been lacking.

1. first of all, i just need to declare the default namespace in the XSL to be the SVG namespace? so i can refer to svg nodes like this 'child::rect' instead of 'child::svg:rect'
The default namespace in original document is the svg namespace, not sure if that makes a difference.

2.i want to be able to copy the 'empty' rect nodes that look like this
<rect x="0" y="0" width="50" height="50"/>
without it copying it to look like a <rect x="0" y="0" width="50" height="50"></rect>

my stylesheet just does look for all and copy. and it doesnt do anything fancy. thanx guys if u can help...
<xsl:output method="html" indent="yes"/>

  <xsl:template match="node()|@*">
    <xsl:copy>
    </xsl:copy>
  </xsl:template>