RE: [xsl] killing xslt

Subject: RE: [xsl] killing xslt
From: David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 09:06:06 +0100
    -----Original Message-----
    From: M. David Peterson

    I sent this reply back through the list because there is
    some feedback that I feel we need to get from the group
    regarding whether or not this project should go as far as
    trying to both port Saxon in its current state while trying
    to make the project be 100% XSLT 2.0 compliant by adding
    the Schema support as well.

With a little software development experience, I'd suggest
a port of the current Saxon would be a sufficient challenge?

If xsd takes off then its a good second phase. If not?
  Wait and see?

I'm coming to the conclusion that there's enough new stuff,
both good and bad, in xslt 2 without adding schema verification.

    My reasoning for taking a cautious approach is simple. If I
    understand correctly there is going to be a commercial
    release of Saxon 7.9.x that will include the Schema support
    of the XSLT 2.0 spec. As such, out of respect to Michael
    Kay and the simple fact that this is his brainchild, his
    blood, his sweat, and his tears of many, many, combined
    years I think we owe it to him to get his nod of approval
    before moving forward with taking it to that level.

I'll leave Michael to answer that one.

    *** To Dave Pawson: Is this offer still valid?

yes.

regards DaveP

--
DISCLAIMER: