RE: [xsl] editing HTML inside <![CDATA[

Subject: RE: [xsl] editing HTML inside <![CDATA[
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 15:34:39 +0100
> I have the following html code inside a xml file
> <SummaryHTML>
> <![CDATA[<html>
> ]]>
> but using this I can only get the raw html code into
> another html file but not able to access any nodes
> inside the html content.

There are no nodes inside the CDATA section, there is only text. CDATA tells
the parser to treat the contents as text, not as markup.

Your choices are:

(a) avoid wrapping the HTML in CDATA in the first place (in which case you
will have to make sure it is well-formed XML, by putting it through the tidy

(b) extract the HTML from the CDATA as text, and parse it to turn it into a
tree of nodes. Saxon offers an extension saxon:parse to do this (but this
again relies on it being well-formed XML).

MIchael Kay