RE: [xsl] saxon command line error "2>error.txt"

Subject: RE: [xsl] saxon command line error "2>error.txt"
From: Mike Ferrando <mikeferrando@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:05:08 -0700 (PDT)
Michael,
I re-checked and both e-mails suggesting this redirect are yours.

http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/msg_raw.php3?msg_id=9920530
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200312/msg00276.html

I had a suspicion that the syntax was for the OS. But the error I
receive is gives the SAXON options for the commandline.

It just struck me as odd that I found no option that was able to
direct the errors to a file. I thought I must be doing something
wrong or have misunderstood the options (where to place the syntax).

James Clark's SP has an option that outputs an error file (-f), why
can't SAXON have one? Why depend on the OS, when you can write in an
option?

My second thought was that, if I have to deal with the OS, maybe I
could capture the output in the window to an error.txt file. Thus, I
ask concerning an alternative syntax for the command line.

I don't understand the relevancy of your statements concerning
documentation.

Thanks.

Mike F.
Washington, DC