RE: [xsl] XML VALIDATION

Subject: RE: [xsl] XML VALIDATION
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 03:16:51 +0200

Hi,

> At 8:55 PM +0530 5/22/04, Arul Kumar wrote:
> >Are there any possibilities to validate the below appended XML
> against DTD??!!
>
> First; This question is off topic; this is XSL-List, not a forum for
> general discussion of matters XML-ish.  Please take future questions
> about XML (that are not also related to XSL) to a more appropriate forum.

Agreed. For the sake of completeness, I'd like to add that Apache's Xerces-J
XML parser offers XNI to allow for, validating or non-validating, parsing of
non-XML formats as if they were XML (there's examples for CSV and PSVI)
Writing a custom parser configuration for the described input format doesn't
seem all too difficult, so might be an option...

HTH!

Greetz,

Andreas