Re: [xsl] Grouping into a table (for vertical alignment)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Grouping into a table (for vertical alignment)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:46:48 +0100
  Ooops, forgot to add in:

  <xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" indent="yes"/>

  Ok, now its XHTML.

No, xhtml elements must be in the xhtml namespace.
If your stylesheet was generating a top level element in (any) namespace
then it would default to xml rather than html output so the above
encoding would not affect anything other than the encoding used.
Usually you want to put the  xhtml namespace declaration on teh
xsl:stylesheet element.

> But what I am asking for is how do I put everything into a table to make
> sure it is aligned correctly.

XSLT does not know anything about the semantics of table or anything
else so there are no special rules about tables. If you want your whole
page to be in a table (which by the way many to consider to be bad
style) just do that in the template that is creating your page.

<xsl:template match="whatever">
<head>
</head>
..