[xsl] CDATA elements in XSLT

Subject: [xsl] CDATA elements in XSLT
From: "Dario Romero" <darioromero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 17:45:09 +0000
Hi everybody,

I am using a xslt transformation on an xml file which has this structure
(... this is only a subset):

xml file:
<AllWells>
 <Wells>
   <WellID>200-100</WellID>
   <PoolName>America &amp; Brownie</PoolName>
 </Wells>
 <Wells>
   <WellID>200-110</WellID>
   <PoolName>Jiraffe &amp; Breton</PoolName>
 </Wells>
</AllWells>

xslt file:
<xsl:template match="Wells">
 <element no_chars="?">
   <xsl:value-of select="PoolName/text()"/>
 </element>
</xsl:template>

The question is; How can I escape the & sign from the xml file to the xml
output so I can write to the xml output: "America & Brownie" instead of
having: "America &amp; Brownie".

I also need to count on the number of characters for "America & Brownie" and
not from "America &amp; Brownie".

I have read about CDATA but doesn't seems to be the better solution. Could
someone give me some advise on this ? Thank you.

Dario

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar  get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/