Re: [xsl] XHTML -> HTML problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] XHTML -> HTML problem
From: Niclas Hedhman <niclas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 01:47:30 +0800
On Wednesday 26 May 2004 23:55, Angeshwar Deepak wrote:

> how can this be done, sounds too complex.

1. First you have to ensure your HTML is well-formed, i.e. no single <p>,

2. You don't mention where xyz.xml comes from, I assume it is a
parameter/varaible, and that you can manage to establish this by yourself.

3. I would assume that you can always match against the <h2><font> combo, and
you would then end up with an xsl something like;

<xsl:template match="/" >
  <xsl:apply-templates />
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="h2/font" >
  <a>
    <xsl:attribtue name="href"><xsl:value select="$xyz" /></xsl:attribute>
    <xsl:apply-templates />
  </a>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="*" >
  <xsl:copy>
    <xsl:copy-of select="@*" />
    <xsl:apply-templates />
  </xsl:copy>
</xsl:template>

Someone will probably say I am way off the mark, but I think this would work.

Niclas
--
  / http://www.bali.ac        /