RE: [xsl] Escape caracters

Subject: RE: [xsl] Escape caracters
From: "SMITH Neil" <neil.smith@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 08:41:00 +0200
Hi Ramkumar,
It does look like an entity reference... Even though I didn't find the ones I have on the w3.org website... For example '&#8222;', '&#8220;' or '&quot;'.
These values are in the database, but when queried directly from the database and displayed on a web page, they are displayed as 'normal' caracters, but not in the XML document, nore after the parsing to an HTML page.
I use XMLSPY to transform XML to HTML.
Is there something that has to be specified in the XML/HTML or XSL document to resolve the entity references?
I've specified this in my XSL : <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>
This is in my XML : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
And this is generated in my HTML page : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/>

Does anybody know what could be wrong???

Thanks a lot!!!

Neil Smith
Analyste Programmeur
Universiti de Fribourg