RE: [xsl] MSXML and unwanted entity output

Subject: RE: [xsl] MSXML and unwanted entity output
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 10:05:51 +0100
> <![CDATA[&&]]>
> Will out put as an entity:
> &amp;&amp;
>

> Does this look like a problem in the output type, or is there
> a way I can
> alter the XSLT so that I can get
> the HTML returned as the same stuff I put in i.e.
> && or <

This is a FAQ.

An XSLT transformation parses your source XML, creates a tree representation
of the source, transforms it, and then serializes the result tree. Lexical
details of the source XML, for example whether attributes use single quotes
or double quotes, are lost in this process. The difference between
<![CDATA[&&]]> and &amp;&amp; is one of these lexical details.

You would want the test "contains(., '&amp;')" to work regardless how the
ampersand was written in the source, surely?

Michael Kay