Re: [xsl] fo:list-block problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:list-block problem
From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:54:22 -0500
Markus Gamperl wrote:

When the number is too long the pdf generator (Antennahouse) breaks the line
- but i don't want to size the number column bigger because in most cases 20
mm between number and headline are enough! So is there a way to size the
space between number column and headline dynamically when the number text is
too long???

I've posted to the Innodata Isogen Web site a simple Saxon extension that lets you estimate the formatted length of a string. This lets you do this kind of simple copy fitting, such as making sure a list accomodates the longest term in a definition list.

See:

http://www.innodata-isogen.com/resources/tools_downloads/saxon_extensions

You may have to register and create a user ID, for which I appologize--I have no influence on our marketing policies.

Cheers,

E.
--
W. Eliot Kimber