Re: [xsl] Large transforms (was Re: [xsl] GByte Transforms)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Large transforms (was Re: [xsl] GByte Transforms)
From: Király Péter <kirunews@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 15:56:21 +0200 (CEST)
Jeff Kenton <jeffrey.kenton@xxxxxxxxxxx> írta:

> Second, what other techniques will help
> beat the problem? XML databases? What else?

We store those large texts in an XML-like text retrieval system
(Folio). This has a great paging feature so, the feeling and the speed of
use of opening a 4 GByte infobase (in one file) is the same, as opening
a 100 Kbyte one. But it is not XML compillant (we had to writen
converter modules in Perl), just some of the features are the same.
BTW: this time we are seeking same kind of solution at XML-base (we
haven't found it).

Kiraly Peter
Arcanum Adatbazis Kft, Hungary
http://www.arcanum.hu