RE: [xsl] version and URI for XSLT 2.0

Subject: RE: [xsl] version and URI for XSLT 2.0
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 23:39:08 +0100
It is recommended that you set version="2.0" on a stylesheet that is making
use of new 2.0 features, and leave it at "1.0" otherwise.

An XSLT 2.0 processor will handle a stylesheet that specifies "1.0" slighly
differently from one that specifies "2.0" - it will invoke backwards
compatibility mode which gives weaker type checking. However a 2.0 processor
won't prevent a stylesheet using 2.0 features just because it specifies 1.0
in the header.

Michael Kay