RE: [xsl] format number with changeable currency symbol

Subject: RE: [xsl] format number with changeable currency symbol
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:29:47 +0100
XSLT 1.0 explicitly doesn't allow the currency symbol, though some
implementations may let you get away with it (XSLT 1.0 specified
format-number() in terms of the JDK 1.1 specifications, but implementations
using a newer release of Java may "accidentally" expose facilities
introduced in later JDK versions.)

I would avoid trying to do this with format-number(), and do it "by hand".

Michael Kay