Re: [xsl] Best namespace attribute removal strategy?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Best namespace attribute removal strategy?
From: Max Romantschuk <max@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 15:47:29 +0300
Stephen Tredrea wrote:
> We're on the same mission.
>
> For your first problem... answer provided to me last week by
> Tom Passin:
>

>>You can suppress specific namespace prefixes like this -
>>
>><xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
>>  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
>>  xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/";
>>  exclude-result-prefixes='dc'>
>
> For the second I've done this in my stylesheet (also on advise
> from Tom):
>
> <xsl:copy-of select="/html/body/*">

I was under the impression that exclude-result-prefixes does not apply to elements generated by xsl:copy-of. Could you provide me with a complete example? So far my own tries have not resulted in the desired behaviour.

Your Xpath expression in the xsl:copy-of tag won't work for me, as I am using XHTML 1.1, which requires the namespace to be defined in the <html> element. Therefore I've used "xhtml:html/xhtml:body/*", which in turn results in the generated namespace attributes.

.max

-- Max Romantschuk http://max.nma.fi/