Re: [xsl] Character conversion in stylesheet

Subject: Re: [xsl] Character conversion in stylesheet
From: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:19 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Belkin, Alla wrote:

> I have to check if I have some of the extended ASCII (UTF8) characters
> in the input XML file. So, I am using stylesheet for transformation
> XML input file to the different format of the XML file. Can I do
> something efficient to check for special characters in some of the
> fields in the input XML file and to convert those specific characters,
> (for example, è to e) in the output file?

Do you really want to brainwash the accented characters or are you having
trouble ensuring they're correctly encoded?

I discovered that Oxygen quite nicely reads in my Mac-formatted upper
ascii and saves it as UTF8. For that alone, I'll probably buy it. :)

--
_Deirdre                                             http://deirdre.net
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"