Re: [xsl] seeking clarification of CSS2 spec

Subject: Re: [xsl] seeking clarification of CSS2 spec
From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2004 18:58:25 -0600
In re-reading your post (your response caught me off guard so I thought
I'd better reread it to make sure I read your original post correctly) I
apologize. You are right, part of your question is on topic, I simply misread what you were asking. Your final question:

I know "12pt solid red" is a valid value, but is "solid red 12pt" ?

is what through me because that is off topic if not considered in the context of the question before it. I'm not suggesting your response is going to win you a lot of fans in these parts but I did misunderstand your question and responded a bit tounge-in-cheek so I guess we're even :) ;)

Yes, the order in which you place the values of the elements and the
method you use will have an effect on the output being in the proper
order.  The best way to ensure the proper order in the output is to use
the concat function and then place the output element references in the
proper output order.  For example, this would output the value of the
input elements in the correct order and syntax... Im assuming element
names for the elements that you didnt list....

<xsl:value-of select="concat(textsize, ' ', 'type', ' ', color)"/>

Not sure that these are reprentative of each other though?

[ <border-width> || <border-style> || <color> ] | inherit

"12pt solid red"

Regards,

<M:D/>

john farrow wrote:
Thanks for nothing mate.

I don't agree its off topic, this list is for XSL, not just XSLT.  The
question arises from, and the example comes from, the XSL specification.

----- Original Message ----- From: "M. David Peterson" <m.david@xxxxxxxxxx>