Pageing

Subject: Pageing
From: Evan Wellens <evanw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 14:00:40 -0400
Hey All

Does anyone know any tricks to pull off paging without involving server interaction. Our XML & XSL must be portable and transform without server interaction. I know I can filter by record count with something like

<xsl:if test="position() &lt; 17">

But this type of static processing will not allow for things such as next and previous page links ( at least I don't believe so) . If there were some means to catch the transformation prior to processing with javascript or something that would be great but to date I can find no references to any such algorithm.

I've been stuck on this point for days and unfortunately I have to demo a functional version by weeks and so any help / Advice would be sincerely appreciated !!!

Thanks
Evan