RE: [xsl] Can I put a variable to be interpreted in an xml node?

Subject: RE: [xsl] Can I put a variable to be interpreted in an xml node?
From: Michael Müller-Hillebrand <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:37:42 +0200
On 14.07.2004 (16:06 Uhr +0200), Bart Claeys wrote:

>Hi Michael,
>
>Thanks for your reply.
>So, what you're saying is that I shouldn't use any HTML tags in an XML
document?
>Or are you saying that I should be using strickt XHTML?
>
>The fact is that I can redesign the source document, but I've no clue how.

It is definitely not Michael Kay's part to explain that.

>I need to put a sentence in multiple languages in
>the XML document and one of the words should be a link, as follows:
>
>Forgot your password? Fill in <a href="{$link}">this form</a> to retrieve
your password.

How about:

<sentences>
<sentence lang="en">Forgot your password? Fill in [[[this form]]] to retrieve
your password.</sentence>
<sentence lang="de">Haben Sie das Passwort vergessen? Bitte f|llen Sie
[[[dieses Formular]]] aus, um ihr Passwort zu erhalten.</sentence>
</sentences>

You can then use substring-before() and substring-after() to split the text
and fill in the necessary tags for the hypertext link.

- Michael

Michael M|ller-Hillebrand, Dipl.-Ing.    <http://cap-studio.de/>
    FrameMaker, FrameScript, XML/XSL,... Publishing-Lvsungen