RE: [xsl] passing xml as input into a trasnformation

Subject: RE: [xsl] passing xml as input into a trasnformation
From: <Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 10:37:46 +0300
Hi,

> Currently I have some xml in a global <xsl:variable> and am I
> accessing it using exslt:node-set().  I need to pass this is to the
> transformer and access it using <xsl:param> also as a node-set.  I'm
> using xalan-J and haven't been able to get this working.  Is this
> possible?

What is the value you pass to the transformer? A string that represents XML markup? exslt:node-set() doesn't parse strings into node-sets, only converts a RTF into a node-set. You should consult the Xalan documentation of user mailing lists how to pass in a node-set (I would quess a DOM Document object would get you there).

Cheers,

Jarno - Hypnoskull: mobile komm/einheit