RE: [xsl] Converting a Batch File to XML

Subject: RE: [xsl] Converting a Batch File to XML
From: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:02:03 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, Michael Kay wrote:

> This kind of thing is very much easier using XSLT 2.0
> * use the unparsed-text() function to read the text file
> * split it into individual lines using the tokenize() function
> * parse each line using xsl:analyze-string
> * arrange it into a hierarchical structure using xsl:for-each-group

You know, I think you may just have offered a light into an alternate from
perl maintenance hell. :) OK, it's as well-behaved as perl gets, but I
just can't think in that language.

Right now, I'm using a variant of this perl script:

http://www.extraneous.org/wiki/ProseML_text2chapter.pl

But it seems that the .txt -> .xml translation *could* be done with XSLT
2.0 given your above statement.

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net    blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"